Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thyme

    I hope that our Thyme turns out to be this beautiful!

For those of you who only know our good friend Thyme from grandma's chicken recipes, let me introduce you to one of the hardest working herbs in the garden....

Not only is Thyme delicious - it has more benefits than you could ever imagine.  It's really the all-purpose cure-what-ails-you herb.

For example, Thyme is:
*Antiseptic
*Antibacterial (Antibiotic)
*Anti-fungal
*Anti-microbial
*Anti-spasmatic
*Expectorant
it also:
*Stimulates the memory
*Prevents bad breath
*Aids in preventing gum disease
*Promotes healing
*Stimulates the Thymus gland (which regulates T-cell production)
*Is great for whooping cough

One of the first formulas that I whipped up many many moons ago when I began my natural-wellness journey was a healing thyme tonic, which is an all around miracle tonic.  I was using good old rubbed thyme from my pantry at the time and it was still good stuff, so you can only imagine how great it works when you use the real deal straight from the garden to your glass apothecary bottle!

As always, please feel free to ask any questions... if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does!!

Have a splendid day and enjoy the sunshine - Spring is right around the corner!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment