Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lavender

Lavender
Another superstar to go into the herb garden is Lavender.  I consider Lavender to be the Robitussin of herbs - just use it for anything and everything.  I swear at some point during my life I was told to put some 'tussin on an open wound!!
I digress...
Where were we?  Ah, yes ~~~~~ Lavender :)
Not only is its aroma intoxicating... it's been scientifically proven to relax you as well - yes - just the smell!
Some of the other benefits that Lavender touts:
*It helps to balance your emotions
*It eases stress
*Helps to sooth tension headaches
*Alleviates the pain of a burn (better than anything else I have ever tried including those over-the-counter sprays)
*Speeds cell renewal (aha... healing powers!)
*Antiseptic
*Antibiotic
*Great for acne-prone skin
*It's calming effects are said to be one of the best sleep-inducers around

I carry a tiny dropper bottle of Lavender essential oil everywhere I go.  You say you cut yourself?  Let me just drop some Lavender on it!  You burned your finger?  Lavender.  You're stressing over this or that?  Take a quick whiff of... oh yeah - Lavender!  Do you have an inherent desire to take over the world?  Lavender!  No -wait... I went too far.
...but the rest is true :)

We already use Lavender essential oil in many different products.  It is so gentle yet effective and its scent is wonderful on its own or mixed with lots of other scents... it plays very well with others in an olfactory way!

Can't wait to have the chance to use the whole plant to make oodles of wonderful concoctions.

Hope you all have a glorious day ~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment