Friday, March 6, 2015

Echinacea

Echinacea (Purple Coneflower)
Oh, I hope my Echinacea patch is as lovely as this picture!!

Echinacea is a super star ~ both antibiotic and antiviral, you get a batch of tincture made with this beautiful plant and you can conquer the world!!!!  OK - maybe I got carried away... but I'll bet you could conquer a cold ;)

Our super star is known for its ability to jump start your immune system so that it can better take care of you.  It stimulates antibody production too, so if you feel a sniffle or a scratchy throat coming on, turn to the Echinacea to pump up your own little bacteria and virus army.  I'll bet that paired with Elderberry, these two would make your immune system unstoppable!

In addition to being great at fighting a cold or the flu, Echinacea is also an anti-inflammatory.  This is HUGE!  Do you know how many ailments are thought to be rooted in inflammation?  Let me name a few:
*Chronic pain
*Migraine headaches
*Arthritis
*Diabetes
*Acid reflux
and some doctors will say that inflammation causes ALL disease - including cancer.

As we progress, I'll have lots of pictures of our baby Echinacea plants to share.  

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment