Thursday, March 19, 2015

Feverfew

Feverfew

Hello, boys and girls!! "What are we going to learn about today?", you ask?  Why, let me tell you!

It's Feverfew!  Hooray!!!  

OK - maybe that's a bit too excited about Feverfew at 8:25 in the morning...  
In any case, Feverfew is still an awesome herb with some really great qualities.

Feverfew is a protective herb.  Most commonly it protects against migraine headaches.  Yup.  You heard me right.  It prevents migraines when taken regularly.  Having been a chronic migraine sufferer in my younger days, I cannot express how important a natural preventative is... I wish I had known about this back then!  

Not only does Feverfew prevent migraines; it also:

*Reduces frequency and severity of migraines should you happen to get one
*Reduces fever - hence the name :)
*Aids in digestion
and... here's the really cool attribute:
*Helps to expel worms 
"wait- did she just say..." yes... I said worms.  
Ewwww!  I know!!!!!!!  This wasn't the first herb on the list to fight parasites and it won't be the last.  Sorry to say it, but we all have so many parasites that if we talked about it out loud, we would probably just walk around barfing from being so grossed out.  So let's not talk about that anymore - k?
Not only does it help humans with unwanted guests for their host bodies, but you can also use Feverfew to control both mites and lice for your chickens (assuming you have some).  

So a definite three cheers for Feverfew - or at least one since it's so early in the day.  
~~~~Hip hip - hooray!~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment